I went ahead and did a redesign of the head as well. Initially, the character had it's mouth covered in the original piece and I wanted to have a complete look with out the armor. I used references from a grub worm for the back of the head and for the profile I lightly used reference from a vulture minus the beak. I"ll continue to work on it along with the color pattern and texture for it. Once that is done I'll work on the overall body. I don't usually work on a character with the head first and then the body but the head was what I initially worked on when I added it to my portfolio. I figured I can redesign the head first and figure out the body design to match the head.